Tuesday 6 August 2013

Polka Dot Nails

This summer I finally managed to stop biting my nails :D

This is a massive achievement for me and I'm hoping I can keep it up. I think I will because having longer nails means I can paint them like this -



How pretty is this design?

And it's so easy to recreate. All you need is your base colour (in this case Rimmel Lycra Pro Nail Polish - Urban Purple), white nail polish & a Kirby grip.

First paint your nails using your base polish. I love this colour so much - it's amazingly deep after just one layer and the brush really does make it difficult to make mistakes (even for a beginner nail painter like me). Next, take your Kirby grip and using the smallest tip, dip it in the white nail polish and gently touch it to your nails to create the polka dots. Allow plenty of time for your nails to dry... smudged polka dots is not the best look!

Et voilà... beautiful summer nails, the perfect finishing touch for any pretty outfit.

Any other polka dot fans out there? Do you have any easy nail art tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment